Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday

It is Sunday at 6 pm and I had a wonderfully relaxing day.  Mariam and Hilda came this morning to walk me to church. I asked Lydia (our day guard) if I could take Desire with us and she agreed. I loooove Desire!  I carried her down the long dusty path to town and we finally arrived at Full Gospel Church. We arrived around 10:30 and waited for the 11:00 service. Praise and worship (can I just say "Wow!"), and then the sermon for the next hour.  So it was not 5 hours long like I thought I was told yesterday. Desire slept in my lap most of the time.  The service was in English as well as Luganda.  They are serious about their worship. They love The Lord so much and it is powerful to worship with them. Awesome. (Give you the details when I get home, Matt. You know how much we appreciate African American worship?  Well this was Ugandan style and it was a blessing to experience!)

I carried Desire home on my back, which the older girls found Hilarious for some reason.  The dust here is red so whenever you walk anywhere you are covered in red dust when you arrive.  Some days I don't know if my face is red from the sun or the dust!

When we returned, we had a meal of fried potatoes, rice and cabbage.  It was delicious and probably extra so because I was starving!  I was craving a piece of chocolate for after dinner (as I usually do) but we had pineapple. I am finding out that I will live without chocolate every day!!!

Desire and I colored, played and she tried to plait my hair. So funny from a 4 year old. She followed me around all day, saying "Auntie!  Auntie!"  I tried to teach her colors in English.

Mariam and I had a very interesting talk about government and one's will to succeed in life regardless of the circumstances.  She explained that Ugandans are rich in mind but not resources.  She is only 15 but one of the wisest people I have ever met.

Tomorrow I go to Karimojong.  Prayers are needed. Not necessarily for my safety, but for my clarity of mind and God given wisdom.

Love to you!

Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?  Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance.     Isaiah 55:2


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Does anyone in Africa care who won the Superbowl here in the USA? Because I don't, either....didn't watch 1 second of it ...and I could care less. Glad it's all over... I am going to bed now...11 pm Sunday night..Monday morning for you..Sounds like your Sunday was spiritual, busy and eventful......I hope you have a great week....When you get home I have literal truckloads of ladybugs I could loan you in case you feel lonesome for .."you know who/what." One just flew right at the computer screen and then into my eye. I wish you could hear Laz asking about you...just the way he tries to say Africa...so darn cute. ps I tried to sell your child and 2 of mine at the Rural King last night..in a bin full of life size teddy bears....but no luck. tried to send you a pic via sunbuggy email...did it work? I told Maggie not to tell your mom(you) that I actually put them in the bin of teddy bears.... I am using your b-l-o-g to "talk to you" so sorry...it's hard not to have your real ears here to "talk to" I asked Mrs. Davis to show the 5th grade kids your blog and pics and they LOVED it. I thought they'd appreciate seeing the real thing in action!! It would be so cool to have you come to school and talk to the kids...maybe? I think between Eddie, me and others you will be the next "motivational speaker." just don't fall and smash tables like Chris Farley...and don't end up living in a van down by the river. (You WILL spill coffee all over people..tha's a given) I love you very much my muzingu. Hug your "girls" and tell them you have a friend in the USA that would love to meet them someday! ....maybe as I'm Griswolding through Europe someday soon I could make a quick stop by!! Have a good day..I'll be thinking of you and your trip to Karimojong today... Love, Ginge

    ReplyDelete