Thursday, February 6, 2014

All Packed and Ready To Go

It is Thursday at 5:30 pm. I will be leaving for the airport at 7:00. My flight leaves out of Africa at 12:45 am. I will be on that plane for approx 9 hours.  I will land in London and fly to Chicago and that flight will be another 9 hours. From Chicago to Pittsburgh, another 1 1/2 hours and home!  I realize the weather has been awful so there may be delays and cancelations, esp. the Chicago flight, so please pray.  I miss my family and friends and I am so anxious to see them!!!  :)

When I return to The Farm :), I will be posting my final thoughts as well as information about ECM if you would like to get involved.  I have many projects that I have to begin working on when I return such as selling handmade beaded necklaces made by the children, helping to organize and begin a program for at risk adolescent girls in Karimojong, just to name a couple.  Remember, if Jesus isn't calling you to help Ugandans, He is certainly calling you to work for Him in some capacity.  Pray and ask for His guidance and He will direct you to your calling.  I pray that our eyes and our hearts have been opened through this experience and that we will allow His light to shine through us. We are his hands and His feet and there is much work to be done.

I love you all so much. Thank you for following me to brave!!!

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so."  Proverbs 3:27

1 comment:

  1. Although I won't see you right away, I cannot wait until you get home. I know you have had a life changing experience and have helped in more ways than you will ever know. You have impacted all of us with your words, photos, and personal and spiritual reflection. (Come home and please get a pedicure....lol) Safe travels my bestest friend! Can't wait to hear your voice! I am so proud that you were so brave! Love you xoxoxo You did good! Praying for the people of Uganda and for your safe travels. Karen

    ReplyDelete