Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Random thoughts

It is 7 in the morning and I slept!  Thank you Jesus. I fell asleep at ten and woke at eleven and read til one and finally fell asleep.  I needed it.  There is constant music coming from the village.  Drums and sometimes singing off in the distance and it went on until after midnight last night. As I was laying here reading under a book light last night, I saw something out of the corner of my eye on the wall next to my bed. My bed is pushed against the wall and the something was inches from my arm. Using my light, I flashed it on the wall and it was the biggest cockroach I have ever seen.  Maybe the length of my pointer finger.  It was shocking.  It was not normal and it was quite horrifying.  So I tried to look at the bright side and because I miss my dogs so much, it is now my little brown, albeit not as furry (and for this I'm grateful) pet.  Or considering its size, roommate.  And yes, I realize that he (I will call him Rodney) probably has many many many many friends but I am fine with the fact that he came alone to welcome me last night.

I can text, but it costs so those are limited.  I cannot call out at this point and Ryan and I were unsuccessful at using skype. It may be my poor service.  That has been the hardest part.   Not hearing their voices or seeing their faces.  He and Brittany relayed to me that they have repeatedly tried to comment on my blog and it refuses to post.  So Matt, Eddie, Beth, Karen, ginger, and Sheri...your all I've got right now. Please stay in touch. I am so comforted by reading your words...you cannot even imagine.  I am going to Kampala today so I am going to work on getting an unlocked phone to use internationally. At least then  I can call Ryan.

Karen and Beth, thank you for continuing to check on Ryan and Maggie for me. Love you guys.  Stop worrying about me Karen. I know how much you love me but I am not alone. I am with Jesus at all times.  These glitches in communication are just one more way for me to have to rely on His strength and comfort.

Ginger, your comments make me feel like I am at home and we are chatting on the phone.  Your humor keeps me going. I love you!

Today I will be visiting two different orphanages around Kampala. I have been asked by ECM to evaluate the situations at both as there is a child who needs assistance immediately. This is going to be a sad day.  I will post the details later.

One more thing.  I will do my best to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation ( it's this never ending pressure teachers have) but sometimes it just ain't gonna happen. :)

The village wakes at dawn. I can hear the children outside.  Time to get ready for the day.

Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me. For You are The God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.        Psalm 25:4-5

2 comments:

  1. It's 5am here in Ohio, just heading out for work...My new routine includes checking your blog before heading out the door, it always seems to put my day in perspective and provides uplifting support. My thought "If Terra can travel all the way to the Motherland to witness for Christ, what am I going to do today in His name?" Again, Thanks for being that light for all of us!
    So you are in Africa hearing drums and singing all night, in case you were wondering-in Ohio we are hearing Odot snow plows, the wind and our furnaces running ALL night! :)
    I was thinking about something my mother once said about you after you and Ryan stopped by their house one day on your way home from St. C. (And yes, I think I was still living with my folks at the time for those wondering, lol) Ryan was telling us how you guys saw a turtle or maybe even a possum alongside the road and you made him stop to ensure it was ok. And you may have picked it up, can't remember completely (again it's 5am here) but anyway when you left my mother said "Terra's genuine compassion for animals says a lot about her heart!" She was so right, and I say all that to say, I'm guessing "Rodney" will be uplifted by your trip as well! :)

    Love you my sister and always praying
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terra and Rodney,

    I am glad you found each other! Although if I would've found Rodney the sounds of the village would be hysterical screaming and Rodney would have met the business end of a sandal (don't let him read that part.)

    ReplyDelete