Friday, January 24, 2014

Departure Day!

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.     John 14:27

The day has finally arrived.  I fell asleep with ease last night (praise God) and woke up at 3.  It is now almost 5 am. Just me, my coffee and my thoughts again.  Scary. ;)  
Yesterday was a sweet day.  The kindness of the people in my life never ceases to amaze me.  My friend Susan from work, brought me an instant coffee care package.  Does she know me already or what???  She is so great!  Hailey, a child in my daughter' s fourth grade class, asked if she could pray with me after lunch.  (You have to know this child - She is the most precious child ever.)  She gently took both of my hands and with the the sweetest voice prayed over me.  Ok, tears again.  Such a heart for The Lord already.  My husband's best friend, Eddie, called and spoke some of the most encouraging words to me that I have ever heard.  I love that man.  Jesus has gripped his heart and he will never be the same.  I got to eat dinner with a couple who are friends of ours, and that really got me through the evening.  Then there's my sweet Ginger who continues to call me this week, trying to disguise her voice, saying that it is Africa calling and they have changed their mind about me coming so I should just stay home.  Yep, that's her master plan to keep me here.  And of course my Pleasant Hill girls (and guy - sorry Miguel) are praying for  and encouraging this girl.
I have to say that something that stood out to me yesterday was when one of my coworkers was leaving for the day and she turned to me and said, "You will inspire others to be brave."  Wow.  She had no idea that trying to be brave was such a part of this journey for me.  Those words were meant to be spoken.

I need to stop here for some time alone with Jesus.  Please continue to pray for me and encourage me with your words.  Please pray for my sweet man, Ryan as well. He is so sad about me leaving.  I love him with all of my heart.

1 comment: