Thursday, January 23, 2014

It is 8 in the morning and we are on a two hour delay. I am sitting here alone with my coffee and my thoughts....You know how that can be.
So yesterday, two of my friends threw a going away party for me at work.  It was so sweet and most of the staff were able to come and eat.  Most importantly, they all prayed over me - every time someone was ready to leave, they came and prayed for me.  Wow! What a Godly group of women.  I have been so blessed to work with them.

I spent about four hours packing and organizing last night so that I would have time to visit with my friend, Renee this evening.  She is driving an hour to our house just to hug me good-bye.

I have lots of phone calls to make this evening.  Lot's of  people to hug over the phone.  My brother, Matt, sent me a loving threat text late last night about not forgetting to call him.  As if that were possible! He is one of the great loves of my life.  And of course, my Brittany girl.  She is so excited for her momma to take this journey.  I can feel her excitement.  Because she is 22 , she is able to deal with this much better than my little Maggie, who is only nine.  Both girls love The Lord, so His peace is definitely with them.

O.k.  Gotta go get ready to see "my kids" at work!  They are excited for me but keep telling me how much they will miss me. I guess we all have to try to be brave.


1 comment:

  1. Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete