Saturday, July 25, 2015

We Have Arrived

It is Saturday night at 11:26 Uganda time.  We finally have internet...weak and possibly temporary, but I am connected.
I am tired.  We arrived in Entebbe around midnight after 24 hours of flying... without luggage...so we waited until around 2:30 am for the next flight to arrive with it.  When it came, it had 5 of the 6 bags.  Matt's was missing.  Still is.  :/
Got to bed around 5:30 and up at 8:30.
I finally got to meet the girls today!!!!  I can not put into words what that experience was like except to say that it ranks up there with one of the best moments of my life.
Beautiful, smiling, hugging girls with voices that sounded like angels as they sang their greeting and praise and worship songs. They squealed with happiness and everyone of them hugged and held on to me. They kept saying, "Bless you mommy Terra."  But I explained to them that this is not from me but from God.  That they are there because Jesus loves them.  All glory and honor to Him and Him alone!  I in and of myself am not capable of this level of love and charity, but He is.  I remember praying a couple of years ago that I would be submissive enough to allow Him to work through me. To allow me the chance to be His eyes and His hands and His feet.  I wanted to learn how to surrender and obey Him in the way that He has commanded and I am now so humbled to be able to walk along side of Him.  I also explained to them that we have a team of people working to support them and better their lives...people they will never meet... our board of directors, donors, sponsors, volunteers, prayer warriors, adults as well as children.  That is love.  Selfless love - giving so freely to someone who will never be able to pay you back and I so thank all of you on their behalf.    
 I could not stop thinking that just last year these precious girls were living on the streets alone, afraid and without hope.  They were shown their profile pictures that were taken the day they were chosen for the project, and some said in disbelief, "No, that girl is not me.  She can't be me."  From sad faces to happy faces, from despair to hope, from lost to found.  Through God's great love and mercy they have been rescued and not just placed in a comfortable earthly home, but have come to know their Heavenly Father in whose home they will reside for eternity.
 Well, I washed the red dirt from my feet and I think it is time  for me to crawl under my mosquito net and get some rest.  Matt and our driver just removed a lizard from my room (which obviously was a super lizard seeing as how it could run about 80 miles per hour.)      Life in Uganda...
Good night!

Learn to do right: seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.
Isaiah 1:17

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Please keep them coming. Love and prayers to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile and tear up! I am so thankful that things are going well and that you both are being a blessing and also being blessed! Continued prayers to you guys. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! So awesome to hear that the girls are doing awesome! I will be specifically praying for Matt's missing bag! I cannot imagine what it's like to see them all in the shelter finally! Tell Recho that her brother says hello and tell the girls Blaze says hi! haha
    God Bless and praying for you always! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers are being lifted daily for you and this ministry. Now adding Matt's missing luggage to the prayer list. Thanks for following God and sharing how he is working through you to assist these girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our love to you guys! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our love to you guys! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our love to you guys! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete