Friday, July 31, 2015

Jinja!

Today is Friday and we (Matt, Barnabas, Emmanuel and I) left for Jinja.  It was a long drive there and we could not stay long because Matt had to be back for a staff meeting, but we had a great time.  We got to see the Nile River, giant river lizards (which we thought were crocodiles), a crazy fun South African man bungee jumping above the Nile, a for sure crocodile, monkeys swinging and  jumping from trees and I loved it all!!!
Once back to Kampala, we went to a local shopping center to purchase a wedding gift for recho and Andrew, and then back to the 91four house for dinner. Prossy served a meal of rice, radishes, cassava, beans and cabbage.  Very good!  I actually think I have gained weight here - so much rice!!!!!!
Now it is 9pm and we are back at the guest house.  Barnabas will pick us up somewhere between 10-1 for the wedding.  It starts at 11.  I know..... Africa time.  It can make you a little crazy if you let it! :)
I realized today that I am weary.  But, I feel so blessed - so at peace.  I love Jesus so much and am learning so much more about Him every day.  About His great love, and about what trusting Him is supposed to look like and what obedience really means.  I am so grateful to Him for His unfailing love and kindness.  He ALWAYS brings hope.

Do not merely listen to the Word,
and so deceive yourselves.
Do what it says.
James 1:22



The Nile River!

5 comments:

  1. I could sense your excitement about all you got to see and experience! I will be praying for a renewed strength and for some rest through Christ to make you feel refreshed and renewed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading through your blog, I can see how He has answered every prayer on your prayer list. Especially the deeper faith and a stronger walk because of this experience. Lifting you up in my prayers my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. H buddy! I am enjoying your information and wish you well. Looks like you are both enjoying your trip. It must be nice to see your hard work paying off. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and your synopsis of the day. Prayers for you and yours....

    ReplyDelete