Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Monday 3/19/18

Monday-
On Monday Rachel, Emma, Maggie and i drove to see the new property in mukono.  Most people prefer the city, but not me.  I have fallen in love with the village where  our future school will be built. Red dusty roads, twisting and turning past small clay brick dwellings with goats and chickens and banana trees everywhere you look. Many children as well.  It is a typical rural African village - so peaceful...
Standing on the 5 acres thinking about how far God has brought this ministry in such a short period of time, overwhelms me.  Imagining the classrooms and the dormitory and the chapel - imagining the girls studying and sewing and working in the garden... How, for a brief glimpse of time, they will have the chance to experience what they never dreamt possible. They had mostly given up hope of ever having a chance to matter in this lifetime- let alone to be loved and cared for.  But we have money to raise in order for this to be a reality for them. I cannot make other people care about these girls. I have come to realize that only God can do that. He moves hearts to action  He speaks to peoole and silently moves them to give of themselves and they either shrug off the prompting or they obey Him. For others, i do not believe that He speaks to them at all concerning these girls.  But what i do know is that i thought it was up to me to open up the eyes of my brothers and sisters back home. I was wrong. I tell the story.  God does the rest.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. ~  Psalm 34:18



No comments:

Post a Comment