Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday 3/16/18

Today was a very special day for me. My youngest daughter, Maggie, finally had the opportunity to meet my daughters in Uganda!  You could hear them singing as we approached the gate to the house. They were so excited that we had finally arrived.  We took time to greet each other with hugs and then the girls sang songs to us.  My favorite songs are the ones they sing in Karamojong. Augustine read from Lamentations and spoke about surrendering to God. And then John read from Job and spoke about praising God for ALL things - not just the good.  He asked if we still praise Him when everything seems hopeless. It was a good reminder to me.
After we ate rice and beans, some of the girls braided Maggie's hair. As they did, they sang songs together. Maggie began the song, "Yahweh" and they joined in with her. It was a moment I won't forget.
The girls LOVE receiving letters from their sponsors and friends in America.  It brings such great joy to them to read all of the kind and uplifting words which carry such hope.
This work that God has given me to do has blessed me in so many ways.  I am not the same as i once was. I am praying that Maggie will come away from this experience with an even bigger capacity to love and serve others. I am overwhelmed and humbled and so thankful to Jesus for His love and kindness. I am seeing lives transformed in ways some people would have thought impossible.  Watching these girls laughing, dancing and singing today- praising Jesus - i whispered to Maggie that it is easy to forget that these sweet girls were sleeping on the ground - hungry, scared and hopeless.  Abused in ways unspeakable and now - they are singing.  He is healing them daily and renewing their strength.  My prayer  is that each of them will surrender daily to Him and then trust Him with tbeir lives - no matter what.

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on tbe ground and worshipped. And he said, "Naked i came from my mother's womb, and naked shall i return.  The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.   ~ Job 1:20-22





2 comments:

  1. So extremely proud of both of my girls. Such an incredible blessing God has brought these girls....go the the 91four girls and my girls. Love you and God's continued blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you both Bible study went well lots of prayers were ansered.MaryJane did well but I think she was nervous she kept talking and didn`t stop to let us answer.

    ReplyDelete