Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday 8/21/16

It is Sunday afternoon at 4:00. We woke up today at 9 am after a solid night of sleep. We decided to stay at our Inn for the day in order to unpack and get acquainted with our surroundings since we are staying in Muyenga this time.  We had a breakfast of eggs (and meat for Matt) and VERY strong, but delicious coffee. We went into the city for about an hour and found a really cool place to walk around. Matt was talking with a Ugandan guy and i told him we were brother and sister. He didnt seem to believe me and kept repeating, "So...you say you are brother and sister?"  Finally he said, "You are Mexican and he is very American." So funny but I think i convinced him by the end of our conversation.
Recho will be coming within the hour and we will sit down and discuss the plan ( the "program" as Recho calls it) for the next 2 weeks.
I miss my family already but I take great comfort in knowing that a few of you love us enough to keep up daily via this blog and social media. It really does make me feel less homesick.
BTW, this place has 2 resident dogs and one has become fast friends with me. 😊
I will be updating with pics soon.
I have to tell you that your specific prayers are being answered. PLEASE continue to pray for whatever God lays on your heart while we are here. I can not even express how comforted I am by knowing so many of you are praying.
I will write again before bed. Remember, we are 7 hours ahead of you.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he/she is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17
Oh, Praise God for this!  So hard to accept this truth, but it's His truth so we can be certain of it! 😀

3 comments: